Tuesday 21 February 2012

Pancake Panic

Ok, so I remembered it was Pancake Day, after all we did Pancake Tossing at Pre-School and had Pancakes for Snack.  Then I remembered.......I have children, which means my Pancake making skills will be required after school.  I had no time to get the obligatory Lemon from the shop after work, so, a search through the cupboards it was.  Given that I have packed pretty much everything in the kitchen other than the essentials ready for the imminent house move, there was little to choose from. Luckily I bake regularly to save money so flour, eggs and milk were present and correct.  All I found at the top of my cupboard was half a wrapped bar of strong dark chocolate from a previous pudding baking adventure.  As the chocolate was quite strong I decided to use my grinder to grind the pieces into fine crumbs so that it would be less overpowering.  I sprinkled a couple of small handfuls of the chocolate crumbs into my pancake mixture and a little over the pancake when in the pan, rolled them up, and put them on the plates, all ready for when the hungary pancake craving small humans arrived home.  I had two very pleased children when they arrived to find Pancakes ready and waiting, and surprisingly the pancakes were the best I have had for years, they were especially nice cold.  I thought they may be quite nice as a treat in their lunch boxes too.  Not quite as fattening and sugary as chocolate spread or sugar and lemon.  Though I do like the traditional sugar and lemon I must confess.



1 comment:

  1. Damn! I forgot all about pancake day this year. That's what happens when the kids grow up and leave. I shall have to make myself a whole pile of lemon and sugar ones - they only ones worth eating.
    Steve - Nottingham

    ReplyDelete