Saturday 18 February 2012

Thrifty Bunting for a Thrifty Party





Well, being the only child, it is left to me to arrange my Mums 60th Birthday Party.  It is a surprise so Shhhhh don't tell her!

I don't mind, in fact I have discovered I quite enjoy the crafty elements of the organisation which being the wrong side of wealthy has foisted upon me.

I've often admired the lovely bunting which currently adorns many boutiques and craft shops in the towns these days.  I like the idea of it, and thought about the beautiful beams in the venue I had chosen for the party.  That's it, I will have bunting!  All good and well, but I needed about 18 metres of it and have you seen the price of the stuff?  So, thinking cap on, I went in search of ideas to make my own.  I discovered you can print your own on precut card all ready to be hung.  Again not cheap, and then I'd have to decorate it,  another expense, that and my artistic talents would probably not provide the end result I would have liked.  I would have had a go at making fabric ones, if my sewing machine had not been packed for our house move and I had the right sort of scrap material lying around.  So, no sewing for me before we move.  Instead I opted for Paper Bunting!  A little time consuming (2 evenings), but fun and my daughter enjoyed it, four hands is always better than two.


In the end it cost me about £10.00 for the whole 18 metres, though I did have a few bits already around the house, like scissors.  The colours match my daughters room too, so I can reuse it to hang in there after the party. Thriving Thrifty, as ever!



You can go to my `Furniture Projects and other Crafty Things' page to see how I made it.




















No comments:

Post a Comment