Sunday 19 February 2012

A Little Bowl of Cheerful!

Well, this morning I woke with a Migraine, yes I had had a drink last night, but not enough to give me a migraine.  It was in fact one of my `Pain in the Neck' migraines, which I have once in a while.  Anyway, that's not why I write.  Whilst sleeping off the pain this afternoon, I heard little footsteps around my bed.  Yes they were little this time, unlike most other times when the Wildebeests come calling in the form of the neighbourhood kids.  The footsteps stopped at the side of me and a little voice quietly said, "I've brought you something to make you cheerful."  It did indeed make me cheerful.  My wonderful little boy had brought me a little collection of flowers, minus the stems I admit, but, as I have always told him, never pick anyones flowers, and he hadn't, he had found them.  It really made my day and it's not even my birthday.  I decided to float them in a bowl to keep them for as long as I can.  He has been back since and brought more, I suspect I shall need another bowl.  Who needs a big expensive bouquet of flowers, this is much more, well, Cheerful! Thank you Elijah.

My Little Bowl of Cheerful!


No comments:

Post a Comment