Thursday 16 February 2012

The First Run

Yes! I did it, I went out with my daughter for my first short run in, well, sometime.  Only to the shop, probably a mile there and back in all, but I did it.  What I discovered; well firstly I am not as fit as I used to be, no surprise there then; secondly my dog either runs slower or faster than me hence requiring me to either pull forward or backward on the lead, therefore using up more energy, and; lastly, I should wear a ruck sack when fetching a bottle of milk from the shop when on a run, again extra energy used.  So, instead of the mile I ran, I am telling myself that it was probably more like four, not true obviously, but at my age a little white lie to yourself gets you through the day and makes you feel that little bit more self-righteous.




I have to say though, it took about 20 minutes in total, which was very productive, the dogs got a work out, I did the post, electric, gas and restocked the milk, as well as allowing myself to feel vaguely fit for all of 10 minutes.

I recommend it, here's to seeing how long I keep it up! Oh and thank you Alana for accompanying me and not being quite so out of breath as me on our return, reminding me I'm old. :-)


Oh and did I mention that it is far cheaper than joining the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment